Dear Podcast Guest,
If you’re reading this page, that means we’re on our way to doing a podcast episode together 🙌 My goal with this page is to walk you through the whole process so everything flows smoothly.
1) You’ll schedule your interview on my Calendly. Make sure to select a time when you know you’ll be at your computer, since phone audio can be pretty spotty.
2) I’ll send you a list of questions, just so you have a general feel for how the interview will go. That said, I’ll take a naturally conversational flow over sticky interview questions any day, so I may ask other questions if it makes sense.
3) When it’s time for the interview, I’ll send you a Riverside invite link, which will have you join a room similar to a Zoom call. Riverside is just the tool I use for recording audio and video.
The conversation will be around 60 minutes, but it could go shorter or longer. If you have a specific time limit, please let me know via email and I’ll plan the questions accordingly. Oh, and don’t worry about messing up an answer, I can just ask the question again and cut the slip-ups out of the show. We can do as many takes as you need!
I’ll pretty much jump straight into asking you about your background, followed by the rest of the questions. When we’re at the end of our time, I’ll ask people where they can find you. Feel free to promote whatever you want. After you’re done, I’ll say goodbye and end the video chat.
4) I’ll edit the podcast, and let you know when it’s scheduled to be released. Once the episode is published, I’ll send you the link to the show in case you’d like to share it.
Some Post-Interview Notes
- Delays – I like to be prepared with extra episodes well in advance, often months. This helps me consistently upload the podcast when I’m on vacation or if I’m busy with clients and need a hiatus from interviewing. That said, if your interview doesn’t post for a few weeks or even a month… that’s totally normal. Feel free to reach out to me with any questions: caleb (at) calebdueck.com.
- Video – While I’m not currently uploading any video content to my social medias, that will probably change in the future. By guesting on the podcast, I’ll assume you’re okay with me posting videos on my social media sometime in the future (whenever I get there). Otherwise, let me know if you don’t want me to use the video, and I won’t.
Let’s Get Started
If you have any questions prior to the interview, just let me know!